The Roseberry House 4-5 year old room is a funded Kindergarten Program. This room is run by an Teacher who holds a Degree in Teaching.
Kindergarten is a true gift to your child. It is the last time in a child’s life where they can learn through the pleasure of play. A play based curriculum is still the foundation behind our teaching philosophy in the 4-5 year old room; however children of this age are ready for a more in-depth learning environment. By this we mean providing the children with stimulating, interested based experiences and activities that encapsulate the core developmental areas and building the foundations for their next stage of learning – school.
Going to kindergarten is an important step for your child. It will help them learn skills that they will build on throughout their life. At kindergarten your child will grow socially and emotionally. Their ability to think, use and recognise language and their fine motor skills will be developed through play. Most importantly, your child will be learning to become an effective learner as they develop and extend their communication skills, build their self-confidence, learn to be creative, and develop skills that assist them with reading, writing and mathematics.
Kindergarten programs are designed to improve your child’s development in the following key areas:
- Social skills, like how to play with children in calm, sharing and rewarding way.
- Self-awareness and respect for others.
- Emotional skills, for example understanding their feelings.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills, such as reading stories and counting objects.
- A joy for learning and group activities, such as talking, drawing and making things together with other children their own age.
- Ability to make new friends.
- Exposure to new ideas and concepts.